Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Tableau De Boucher..

I finally finished the Tableau De Boucher. And let me just say that "that took forever!".
 
The cow chart is cross stitched. I KNOW, I know...cross stitch is so 1980's! I still enjoy doing it though - even if it is old school. It's something that I can do while I'm sitting in front of the TV and I don't have to think too much. There are so many cute patterns to stitch. I thought it might be fun to incorporate cross stitched designs into some my quilts. For the quilted portion of this project I stuck with the red and black theme. I had some cute prints on hand so I did a patchwork border around the chart. I love how it turned out:  
 


 
 
Corner Detail
 

I hand quilted this piece for two reasons: #1, I love the look of hand quilting and #2,  I'm starting to experiement with machine quilting, but I'm not comfortable with it yet. I also used a white thread because I like to see the stitches. My hand work is just that...hand work. It's not perfect because it's not done on a machine. I think that's part of the charm.

(Giving credit where credit is due: The chart is designed by Marabaut d'ficelle. Her book is titled "Vaches et Cie" and is available on French Amazon).

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment