Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Current Project

Over the past year I've been busy working at a "regular" accounting job. I like making money as much as the next guy (I am trying to pay off my mortgage after all). That job took all of my time though and I had nothing left to give to creative work, let alone the occasional blog post. As luck would have it the client that I was working for sold her business. Since it's under new ownership I decided not to stay on. Now that I'm back at home for a while I got busy right away on a few projects. Here's a hint of an almost complete wall hanging:

Black, Red and YoYos

Moo!


I stitched this cow butcher's chart (it's in French mind you!) several years ago but hadn't done a thing with it. I decided to use it as a component in a wall hanging. I'm hand quilting it so it's taking a while to finish, but I'm almost done. I was going to machine quilt it, but I'm just more comfortable hand quilting sometimes (control issues perhaps??). I recently bought a Baby Lock Symphany that will do free motion quilting, but I need to practice. Meanwhile I hand quilt in front of the TV.

Getting back to working on creative projects that I love has done a world of good for my soul! I'm sleeping much better at night and am much happier. :)

Happy Day!
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment