Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Depth of Field in Photoshop


Anyone who looks at this blog can tell right away that I'm not a photographer. I wish I was, and I'm trying to make my photos easier on the eyes.

I've discovered the "Depth of Field" feature in guided editing option of  Photoshop Elements 10...and I LOVE it! It's a very easy way to highlight (or visually bring forward) the part of your image that you want people to see while blurring the rest of the image slightly.

After you open the image you want to work with, select "Guided" over on the right side of the screen under the "Edit" option. Depth of Field should be under the "Lens Effects" option.

After clicking onto the Depth of Field option, two choices will pop up. One is "Simple" while the other is "Custom". I find Custom much easier to work with for some reason. In the Custom choice, just click on the "Quick Selection Tool" little button thingy. This will allow you to select the part of your image that you don't want to blur out. After you've made your selection, click on "Add Blur" and the background of your image will magically blur! Hurray!!

The lovely flowers are on my pear tree. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment