Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

It's Almost Done..

I can't believe it, but I'm so very close to finishing this quilt. I've been working on it FOREVER! Well, at least two years now. But that's only because I've worked on it for periods at a time, then put it aside for a few months when I was just to busy with other things to work on it. Then, out it came again. I decided that this last time would be the final time...and I meant it!

This is the first quilt I've ever made and I know it won't be the last. It's been SO much fun to work on. It's also been a learning experience for me. I've learned that I really love the applique and piecing process, but that I don't like the actual quilting. The quilting part for me is just boring. You can tell from the quilting on this quilt that I didn't love working on that part. It's a total mish-mash of random stitches as I tried to "get-er-done" so to speak. The final border is a cute, red and blue cherry fabric and the whole thing is just adorable, if I do say so myself. 


I wish I could take credit for the design, but I can't. This pattern is the design of an amazingly talented woman named Lori Holt. you can visit her here: http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/

The adorable apron has vintage kitchen embroidery on the pocket. And you KNOW how I feel about that! : )


Can I get you some lemonade?


Or perhaps a slice of cherry pie?

(I really enjoyed the use of applique as well as embroidery techniques on this quilt!)


I'll just whip us up a little something in my mixer.


What can I say? Other than that I know exactly where this quilt will hand when it's finished. And I can't wait!!

1 comment:

  1. absolutely adore your quilt. would you like to link it up with us next week? it's beautiful.

    why next week? this week is a mothers day gifts party.

    all parties are at http://www.finecraftguild.com/party/

    thank you for commenting on our blog and good luck with your own irrigation project!

    ReplyDelete