Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Fibber McGee and a Vintage Game Score Card

Here's a scan of a vintage game score card. It would be cute used as gift tags or in a journal I think:

 
When I was at the vintage shop last week I found this old game called Fibber McGee and the Wistful Vista Mystery. It's from 1940!
 

A player who has been appointed as the narrator reads the story from the orange book. There are blank spots throughout the story. When the narrator comes upon a blank spot, one of the players pulls  a yellow card from the deck. The various phrases on the cards fill in the story. Some of the cards have number printed on them which count as points. At the end of the game, the player with the most points wins. I'm not sure what the little round colored pieces are for:

 
Those round pieces would make a cute garland I think. But...I really like the yellow cards! I'm mulling over what to do with them. I know tags are the obvious choice, but I'm trying to come up with something different. Here is a scan of some of the cards that you can save and use:
 
 
Happy Day!
Tracy
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment