Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Two Legged Rototillers!

I love my girls! Stella and Rosie give me fresh eggs most days and they're so sweet and entertaining!  I've had them for a full year now. I have to tell you though, that I'm surprised at how much damage they can do to a yard. These two are confined to their "pen" area, so the damage is confined:
 
Since we have a weed lawn, it would be just fine with me if they roamed all over the yard. My husband on the other hand, insists that they not "free-range" around the yard because he doesn't want chicken poop all over the place. It's a valid point. They poop. A lot.

Isn't it amazing that there isn't a single blade of grass in their pen area?? I thought for sure that this spring they would have fresh grass to nibble on. But not one little sprout! I give them kale and lots of veggies, so the do get to eat fresh greens each day. But who knew? They're basically two legged miniature rototillers!

Happy Day!
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment