Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Sweet Burlap Nest #1

Spring has sprung and I've been working on some Easter decorations! I love the little fuzzy chicks!! They make me feel happy. I bought some up at the craft store the other day ($2.99 and worth every cent!) and immediately went to work on making a nest for them. I really love how this little nest turned out : )


I decoupaged a little bowl with bits of old book pages. I was so lucky to find this title: "The Little Girl and The Chickens" buried within the book. I had to make sure it had a special place in the bottom of the bowl:


I glued strips of burlap to the outside of the bowl. It's hard to tell from the photo, but I added some fine, gold metallic filaments to each piece of burlap. This gives the nest such a sweet, dainty look.



Isn't it just so cute? Hello little peeps!!

Happy Day!
Tracy




No comments:

Post a Comment